Thursday, January 13, 2011

Storm drain monster

My treasured Giga Pet
 (replica)

This is a story about a younger me, an elementary aged me. Let's just say that this was back in the nano babies, giga pet, tamagotchi era.  In fact I was one of those kids that indeed had a nano baby and a giga pet.  I would say that these were probably my favorite toys, I would often walk home from school playing with my nano baby or giga pet.  

On one such occasion I was walking home when disaster struck.  My wonderful kitty giga pet had slipped from my careful hands and fell into the storm drain.  Just like that my small simple life had shattered (I really did love this giga pet).  My little arms just out of reach of my beloved giga pet below. Was I scarred for life? Yes, yes I was.   Now if you don't really believe I was scarred for life, watch closely whenever I walk past a storm drain with my cell phone in my hand. You will see a certain uneasiness come over me and I will clutch onto my phone more than usual.  Afraid of the storm drain monster claiming another one of my treasures.



1 comment:

  1. Haha! This is a perfect replica of what happened that sad day walking home from elementary school. I'm pretty sure I had to start hiding my giga pet from your sight after that in fear that you would start crying again... poor Jamie.

    ReplyDelete